Marlowe wearing: Barley & Birch. Garlic: delicious &good for your heart.
– TEDTalks: Jamie Oliver: “Teach Every Child About Food” Love him. dreamy and smart.
– Mark Bittman speaks about soda.
– TEDTalks: Mark Bittman: “What’s Wrong With What We Eat”. One of the first videos I watched with Mark Bittman. good stuff.
– Jumping on the quinoa bandwagon craze? Here’s an article from the NYTimes that might make you think twice.
-Taco Bell. 88% beef? HA (Eww)
-Want to buy more organic? But feel you can’t make a full on switch (due to expenses or whatever)? Heres a list of veggies containing the most and least pesticides in your fruits and veggies. There are certain things I will absolutely not eat unless it is organic.
– Animal treatment. Pets vs. farm animals, another article by Mark Bittman.
– Why breastfeeding is and always will be better than formula– even organic formula. What’s with all the chemicals? Okay, I understand there are a lot of reasons some women feel they need to give their babies formula– but “not enough milk” is hardly an excuse. There were days that Marlowe would never seem to get enough and would feed (torture my breasts) for hours (usually during her growth spurts). We both pushed through it and here we are almost 6 months later and happily breast-feeding and just (barely) starting to introduce foods. I know there are working mothers who can’t sit and feed their baby 10 hours a day– that’s different. If you’re at home with your child there is no reason you shouldn’t do everything possible to attempt breast-feeding. There were days I would cry throughout each feeding– yes, it’s hard– I know… trust me, I know.
Again, my goal is not to offend anyone (ever), but instead raise awareness on healthy eating.
Happy watching &reading <3
PS! Want another giveaway? We’re having an amazing one Wednesday 🙂