Thanks for just letting me rant— I mean, not that you guys have a choice— well, I mean you do as in you totally don’t have to be here and read any of my junk– but you do. (I’m not sure how I got so lucky with that). So thanks for being here— in the times I rant and in the times I rave. Just thank you. Emotionally, I’m a bit better than my last post— but not much. I’m not in tears or anything anymore, but I am having to work extra hard to find that sparkle right now. Physically, I’m better than this past week— but not quite as well as the week before. But I’ll take what I can get. You know, it’s a bit challenging to write about anything when everything feels so uncertain. Even posts like this, which are now two week old past events— things that very well took place and something still feels so unsteady. It’s hard to explain. But this day, again, now two weeks ago, was a very good day.

We all woke up bright and early– I woke up before everyone for the first time this year maybe. Marlowe woke up shortly after and asked to draw a picture for her new teacher. I made her lunch, we had breakfast, I braided her hair, she picked out her outfit, and her Alex and I were off for our new adventure of having a kiddo in school.

It’s kind of crazy to think that she’s already school-age. She’s been ready and wanting to go for a while now– and now it’s finally here. No amount of bribery could have kept her from school— I even offered her ice-cream, but no, she’s excited to learn– and well, of course, I couldn’t be more happy for her. Yes, it’s sort of heart breaking to see her grow so quickly, but every day I’m just reminded of how incredibly lucky I am (we are) to call this kid our own.

After dropped Marlowe off (we hardly got a goodbye) we headed off for a mini date to spend some alone time together for the first time, in a long while. I ate breakfast beforehand and ordered a coffee (my second coffee since this illness!!!) and Alex ordered breakfast. I’m looking forward to the days where we can actually both enjoy meals together out, but for now, this works and I’m just grateful to have been well enough to spend some time out of the house together— with or without a meal.

Later we did what we do best— bought food and plants— I love this little shop, I plan on posting a whole lot more info about the goodness of it later <3<3

Apparently I was in a green mood.

We came home and Alex went to work in the garden before heading to work and I threw together some food to eat for myself. My diet is still very much the same as before. I added in a bit more veggies— kale! I missed kale and some other veggies. I’m in the process of figuring out what else I can add. It looks like I might actually have to become grain free for a while— but I don’t know, I’m testing it all out. I plan to attempt to sprout the grains first and seeing how that does in my gut before giving them up completely. Any favorite grain sprouting resources are appreciated.

At three o’clock I was off to pick up Marlowe from her first day of school. I had decided the night before that every single day that first week I wanted to do a mini adventure with her. Something small, and manageable, since it was my first time driving (with the exception of one other time) in five months. The first day was off to try out a new (to us) juice bar for lemonade. And each following day? Well, I never made it out. I was able to pick her up from school, but then we would have to head back home– no more adventures. I’m sad to say that each following day didn’t work out so well for me. I’m happy that this first day did though. And I’m looking forward to more days of post-school adventures… one day.

She loved her first day of school, but told me she had some issues with some girls. She apparently wasn’t allowed to be in a girl group she wanted to be part of. Four years old— first day of school— and this is life already. I told her not to worry, thats sometimes how life is at any age, and she’ll be fine with all the other nice people she encounters 😉 I wish I could be there to see her interactions and her own little personal life forming— but I know I can’t and now is the time to accept it. Since then, she has made friends at school and comes home happy every day. It’s all I can ask for.

I loved having a day that all of us enjoyed– separately and together(ish).

We were supposed to have a hurricane hit this week, but luckily it dissipated. We have had crazy rains and wind though— rain, wind, or sunshine, it doesn’t matter to me much at this point— I just want more happy, easy days like this.

I hope you guys all have an amazing week. Thanks for being here.


  1. So sweet that she wanted to make a picture for her teacher–I teach 7th grade, and that urge to give the teacher gifts seems to have all but disappeared by then 🙂

    Glad to hear that her first day went well for both of you. Here's hoping you have many bright days ahead in this new school year.

  2. This makes me happy, sad, bittersweet, etc. So many emotions? Why are you so sick without answers? Why couldn't you do the little first week adventures? It's things like this that make me feel the real wrath of how unfair life can sometimes be…. I guess we can just hope for the best though, right?

    Take care.


    PS: I have some sort of package I want to send your way —
    email me an address:

  3. I'm so glad Marlowe is enjoying school, and I hope she soon settles into a happy friendly group of girls. I love the look of that plant shop, and also the juice bar at the end – so green and shady and pretty. It's such a shame that you've been feeling so rough, but I'm sure Marlowe was just happy to come home with you after school. I have a big "first day of school" moment coming up this week, my eldest (11) is starting senior school. Eek. Scary indeed. Sending you my best wishes for a good week Drea. CJ xx

  4. Aww I'm so glad Marlowe had a great time at school! I can't believe girls are already being snarky at 4 years old! It's their loss for not letting her join their group 😀