Hi friends, how are you? I debated on posting this week or possibly giving myself a break– but here I am. I thought I should come in and say thank you. SO here we are 11 random things. A mix of thank you’s and random thoughts.
11 random things:
- It feels weird, but I had just posted this post about feeling good. And then a day or two later crashed again. Could be a lot of things. Maybe all the dust and renovation fumes going on the house. Or hormones. Or who knows. Maybe I’m more worn from travel than I thought. But I crashed. And I typically only open up about stuff here on my blog. And leave instagram for the more superficial things. But I opened up there, asking for help, and so many of you guys responded. I still have so many DMs to get to. So thank you. Three years into this viral garbage and I’m still going to do my damn best everyday. Thanks for your help through the years.
- I currently have more posts in drafts and in mind than I have time or energy for. I have so many topics I want to write about. And so many photos of adventures from home and away that I want so share. But since I don’t have the energy to blog five days a week like I used to, things fall behind.
- I think I’m going to back to mexico for a while. A second girls trip for M and I. We both want to spend more time there and I want her to practice Spanish more. I don’t really want to leave Alex, but he just cant come with work now. But I’m thinking maybe we’ll wait for December/ January when its busiest at work for Alex and he’s rarely around then anyway. We’ll see. My health will decide. Also, it seems silly to leave Florida when the weather is it’s nicest here. But however, whats the point of being in an ocean town when the ocean is closed due to pollution? So many thoughts.
- I hate when I have so many random thought post ideas and I sit down and they all fly out the window. Happens EVERY single time.
- Did I tell you we painted the house pink? We finally did it. Pulled the trigger. We were between pink and yellow for a long time. I told Alex to pick and I would be behind it. He went with pink. It looks great. He also spent a ton of time working on the backyard while we were away. It looks really great. And since its kind of sort of cooling down we’ve been spending more time there. A good break from the indoor construction. ps. whats with her mean mug?
- Isn’t weird how home repairs work? You work on one things and fix it up to look real nice but then the thing next to it just looks awful and worn? Never ending really. But I’ve definitely learned to step back and not care. I had the most intense anxiety in high-school. I couldn’t even sit in a cluttered space without losing it. Now, well, I can’t read a book in clutter, but I can totally hang in it with no problems.
- I still haven’t gotten through my healing trauma book I wrote about in my second 11 random thoughts post. It’s been months. I did much less reading (aka none) while Marlowe and I went away. And it’s just a really hard read. It’s bringing up a lot of emotional garbage I went through as a kid. I know I just got to get through it. I have a whole giant pile of books waiting to be read on my bedside pile. I should share them all with you guys. They all look so good! And Marlowe too. We found the most amazing books in London.
- Speaking of childhood things– you know what keeps going through my ind lately? And this is really random but acutane. You know that super toxic medicine a lot of kids took for acne? Alex and I both took it. And every time I think about it lately, I’m just so shocked by it. I don’t know if it’s still prescribed, but I can’t believe that was ever offered as a solution to kids. Like, yes, it worked, but not without serious internal damage. But so many of us took it! I look back and wish I could teach my younger kid self so much. Like, isn’t it painfully obvious that acne /rashes/ /etc are primarily internal problems? I mean, yes there are things that can cause external rashes, but chronic skin problems? Not typically. I don’t know man. Maybe this sounds like a crazy rant, but I can’t stop thinking about stuff like this lately.
- Or here is a random one: Do you guys remember when the skittles got spilled all over the highway? And it colored the highway red. If you know the story, a giant truck carry damaged red skittles to a cow factory farm spilled and spilled all over the road. So my thought is– people were appalled to learn some of the awful things cows were being fed instead of their natural food. BUT LIKE WHAT ABOUT US. Like, duh cows shouldn’t be eating skittles, but we feed our damn kids skittles. Trust me, I’m far from perfect– in college I one pooped NEON GREEN from eating an XL bag of sour skittles. Yeah, I was so in the dark about health and taking care of myself. And now, I obviously stay away from that stuff, but I don’t even want to know what the renovation guys sprayed in our house while Marlowe and I were away. And I don’t want to know the amount of radiation I receive from my phone, computers, hair dryer, etc. And I’m sure I surrounded myself and my family with a million toxic things all the time– not perfect. But damn, cows shouldn’t be eating skittles– that’s a fact, but neither should we. So if we’re not eating skittles– neither will the cows. Okay, end rant, sorry.
- Alex sent me this left photo (unedited though, haha) while marlowe and I were away. We had to pull up the flooring due to water damage and this is the floor we found in the living room. We expected some weird concrete– but no, theres full on tile under there. It’s so funky. He said it reminded him of stained teeth, but I said I sort of like it. But seeing it in person? I totally like it. Every time I would walk into the room it was so bright. I loved it. So we’re keeping it. We re-grouted it this week and it looks pretty nice! I think it’ll work with our furniture and stuff. We ordered a large jute rug for the center. But now I’m sort of leaning to just a smaller rug and keeping more of the floor exposed for brightness. We’ll see. I’ve spent a good amount of time looking for a good rug, just in case. (still my fav place to look for rugs— besides during travel)
- We still have a massive hole in our bathroom wall and no toilet or sink or anything. So we have to work on that. But that’s last on the list. I definitely have taken photos along the way to share the process with you guys. But again, with my posting record lately who knows when I’ll get to it. It’s weird still working hard on trying to get everything done, but never feeling like I’m doing all I want to do. But that’s just life, isn’t it? But things have been really good at home. Everything is upside down. But it’s fine. It’s not stressing me out. When its done, it’s done.
- Instagram: it truly has bummed me out a lot since the algorithm, but I decided on this last trip that I would finally say F it. That I was going to stop worrying about whir a photo did well or not. I want to post what I want to post, even if it means another drop in likes or instagram not sharing my photos, fine. I want to post what I want to post without worrying about a stupid machine. And so I’m doing that. And it feels good. ps. I still haven’t shared my final thoughts on blogging for a living. But one day I should and will probably get to that.
Welp, that was technically 12 random things. And a lot of them were not the things spinning in my head this weekend that I planned to type — but I guess that works. A true, 11 random things spinning in my head right now. I hope you guys are well in the world. I want to say thank you again for supporting me and being part of this space. I truly appreciate you guys.
More recipes, travels, emotional crap, relationship stuff, personal stuff, eco stuff, all the stuff coming to a slow living working on self-healing blog soon. <3
ps. this is the link the swing chair— one of the few pieces I can actually link, haha. I got mine super discounted though– as there was a sale and mine was “broken” except it’s really not. It worked out great. It’s been hanging around (pun intended) for 7 years or so and in great condition.