Hi friends, it’s currently Friday afternoon. I’m sitting outside in a local spot at a giant table with Marlowe and Alex home school and me sitting here all spacey in front of my computer. I’m drained as hell. Trying to focus my eyes. Trying to focus my brain. On the upside, the weather is decent and I have Marlowe and Alex’s faces across from me. And I’m biased, but man they are cute.
Anyway, since I’ve been all over the place, I thought I should do an 11 random things posts about life and thoughts lately. But forgive me in advance if this isn’t the most positive post. Real life is happening all around and I am draining to zero lately.
- One of my favorite my favorite songs came on. I need to look up the name– but I’m 100% sure it’s a song you’ve all heard before. And it’s super fitting for right now. This song ALWAYS picks me up when I’m in a bad mood. I googled it, the song is called, “the dog days are over” by Florence and the Machine. I remember one year I went out for my birthday and I was just so bummed (I hate birthdays), but I was trying to make the best of it. And dancing anyway. Then this song came on and it made my entire night. It just gives me a positive kick in the pants. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside and I dot care how silly that is. Do you know what I mean?
- Aluminum hats. Thoughts? This just came up in conversation. Just to show you how random all my thoughts are all the time. Have you heard of it? IT’s not new— people lining their hats with aluminum to protect them from radiation and wifi and all the things floating in our atmosphere. Alex asked, “Why don’t you have one?” Well, Alex because I’m one slightly crazy and trying to stay somewhat normal in this weird world.
- Speaking of Alex. He’s convinced me and Snookie front he Jersey Shore would be BFF’s. Did I already tell you guys this? Yes, we love Jersey Shore. I’m not ashamed. It’s not a guilty pleasure– just a pleasure. But he’s convinced we’re the same person. And if I still drank, I could go out and rage and have the best time with her. (Yes, I just used the word “rage”.) I think it’s true. Her and I would be great, ridiculous friends.
- These photos are from a few months ago when the mamoncillo trees were fruiting like crazy. It wasn’t our tree, but I don’t think the neighbor minded too much. Next time I’m going to offer him something in trade. Maybe starfruit. Have you guys tried mamoncillos? We love them. They are super fiberous and get stuck in your teeth like crazy, but it’s worth it.
- This month was challenging. I felt emotionally down, really down. I think it was a detox symptom/side effect. But I’m not sure. But it was like a deep dark cloud came over me and I couldn’t get past it.
- Every single day Marlowe asks if we can move to Mexico. I don’t blame her. Every news article that pops up with another shooting is just another reminder that the US is falling apart. And trust me, I get that there are a lot of unsafe places in the world and a lot of people think Mexico is super unsafe. But at this point I feel a hell of a lot safer in Mexico than here. I get nervous in crowded public spaces now. I mean, the shootings this last week were in a college bar and in a yoga studio?! Like, what the actual hell. And it’s just hard living in a very obvious long-standing red state with gun-show billboards at every mile. I’m just not into it.
- I joined the gym yesterday. I had done some weights at home (not much, don’t be impressed) but I had to stop with al the construction going on. I was on the fence about joining a gym, cause I’d rather just do it at home for free. But I sucked it up and did it. I went for 35 minutes or so yesterday and came home. I didn’t want to over tire myself more than I already feel. I think it was a good amount of time. I’ll probably go again tomorrow. I need to get less shy at the gym. It was easier with a friend. But I get shy being this skinny little noodle thing using the weights. I just gotta suck it up, heh.
- HAVE YOU GUYS HEARD OF GLUTEN SNIFFING DOGS? I rarely wish I was rich– I’m quite content living at my means and never looking for much more– but I met a gluten sniffing dog last week and man oh man I wish I had an extra 13,000$ to blow. What’s a gluten sniffing dog?! It’s like a drug sniffing dog– but a service dog! I’ve been crippled SO MANY TIMES from accidental gluten intake — I would LOVE a dog that could help me out. Not going to happen, but that would be AMAZING.
- Months and months later, our bathroom / wall repair /water damage is almost done. I think our bathroom will look super nice. I’m looking froward to it all being done. We’re all waking up super congested from all the dust and crap floating in the air. I’m looking forward to the remodel pollution to be gone but honestly, I’m also looking forward to deep cleaning. We’re going to do a BIG spring cleaning when all finished. Still gotta finish putting together the living room and figure out the hallway walls now that the chalkboard will be gone. But also, going in ALL the cabinets and closets and cleaning cleaning cleaning. Maybe purging a bit too. But we haven’t really collected much since being home. But it’s always nice to reevaluate what you have and need. Probably selling out bar + ottoman if anyone is local and wants them.
- Doing a big book giveaway on instagram soon! Like, maybe 7 cookbooks? I don’t remember, but it’s a big ole’ giveaway for a great selection of vegan cookbooks– all different types. A Caribbean one, a breakfast one, a fermented foods one, loads of things! And my cookbook with it too of course. I debated hosting it on the blog, but I think it’s just easier to enter on instagram? I don’t know. Giveaways on blogs used to be the norm but not so much anymore.
- Oh! The EMDR therapy didn’t work out so well for me. I need to look into meeting with a different therapist. The woman I met was nice enough, but I wasn’t super comfortable. Also, it was expensive as hell. And while I understand that therapy is something that should be considered an investment, I know I can find someone for half the rate who can be just as qualified. This would also help take the pressure off everything. Otherwise I feel like I’m going to need therapy for guilt from spending so much on therapy, haha. I think I should also just not be detoxing when I try the therapy, cause I’m in too much of physical fog to address my emotional feelings. You know? Maybe you know, but I wouldn’t be surprised if you don’t, haha.
Alright friends, I’m out. It’s now 9:21 on Sunday night and time for me to put on pjs and head to bed <3<# Hope you’re well!